Monday, June 8, 2009

The Big "O" Vacation Part 1

Wednesday - June 3rd

I know this is my Coaster Blog and it should be just about rollercoasters but I'm posting everything we did in the Big "O" Vacation.

Part 1 - The Offspring

Vacation official began when Sarah got home from work and we started to get ready for the show. Usually I wouldn't care to see the opening acts, but we have no Internet or television at home so we left for the event early.

We found our seats just as the opening act began to play. The Street Dogs were surprisingly really fun to watch, they had a great stage presence and some good songs too.





The next act didn't impress us much. The Akaline Trio had almost no stage presence and some of the songs were really boring. Some songs were sung by the bass player and I didn't like his voice at all. The only good thing up on stage was the drummer. I thought he was really talented and probably the best drummer on the night.



Now it was time for what we came to see... Sarah's favorite band, The Offspring.

The Offspring didn't really have a great opening for the show, but just to see the band live was exciting enough! They had an incredible stage presence, great lighting and backgrounds, they sounded great! One of the best live shows I've ever seen. They played 20 songs and even played my favorite song from them, Have You Ever.















I glad we had front row tickets because we were the only row that could roam freely up front during the Offspring Set. They played a great set with a good mix of new songs and old songs.

01. Stuff Is Messed Up
02. Bad Habit
03. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
04. Come Out And Play (Keep 'Em Separated)
05. Have You Ever
06. Staring At The Sun
07. Half-Truism
08. Gone Away
09. Fix You
10. Gotta Get Away
11. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
12. Why Don't You Get A Job?
13. Americana
14. All I Want
15. Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
16. (Can't Get My) Head Around You
17. The Kids Aren't Alright

18. Hammerhead
19. Want You Bad
20. Self-Esteem


After the show we bought a bootleg (probably) T-shirts from a guy outside the venue because shirts at the booth were $35! I bought Sarah a shirt she liked that was only $10 :)


Now it was time for bed because we had a long day of flying ahead! Thanks for reading and have fun!

No comments: