Sunday, October 12, 2008

Six Flags Magic Mountain: (Not So) Fright Fest

I titled this post (Not So) Fright Fest because just like our last visit, we did no mazes. What can I say, Sarah doesn't want to be scared. Today's trip lasted from 11:30 - 5:00. We started off heading to X2. It was having trouble getting ready this morning, so it remained closed until tell later. Revolution is where we headed next (Make sure to aviod the red, white, and blue train.) We boarded the white and turquoise train, seat 7, and it wasn't that bad of a ride. Next we headed up the mountain to ride Ninja and Superman the Escape. Ninja was having trouble getting ready as well, but we were able to ride Superman the Escape in under 10 minutes.



After that we went down the back to ride Riddler's Revenge. Ofcoarse we couldn't walk by Gold Rusher without giving it a whirl. Gold Rusher is always a great ride, but we came for the big ones! Riddler's Revenge had about a 10 minute line for front row.



I was upset we missed this coaster on our last visit, but I'm glad we were able to ride up front without listening to the song "Ecuador," for too long.



After that Sarah expressed her desire for Colossus Backwards. We rode Colossus Backwards 3 times in a row (It's Awesome!) I recommend riding this coaster in the front (Technically the back, the seat I filmed my pov from.)


Today wasn't that crowded so the race was on!



After 3 rides we were kind of tired of the abuse, so we went on Scream!


The ride wasn't ruff today, but the train was vibrating a lot. I wasn't really impressed with this coaster today. We were ready to eat by now, but I felt like 4 months was a long time to go without riding classic Colossus. We rode it in the back because I fell like this is the most enjoyable seat on the ride. Today we wanted to try something new so we headed over to Johnny Rockets.



The burgers were great! It tasted like a hybrid of Carl's Jr. & In & Out, I highly recommend going there. After a great lunch we headed over to Jet Stream, but it was closed for the moment. I was surprised to see Déjà Vu open, but it wasn't why the reason I was in the area. I wanted to see some construction of the new Rollercoaster, "Psyclone 2: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." That is not the real name, but it is a wooden coaster themed to a Terminator movie. The only thing I noticed was some concrete framing in the form of a circle.





After that nonsense we went on Ninja two times in a row, and ofcoarse, now Jet Stream is open. Too late for that though, our next ride was Tatsu in the very back. It was a first for us and probably our last. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but the views are better when you can see the track.





Now it was time to piss Sarah off and do some waiting. We got in line for X2 against her wishes, but surprisingly trains were going faster than Tatsu. It took about 45 minutes to get on board today, and due to high winds fire was not present (I'm thinking X2 might make into my top 10.)

After a big ride like that Sarah was feeling worn out. I was not about to leave the park without riding Viper & Goliath. Viper was great as usual, rough, fast, and tons of fun.


Goliath's line was dead! We walked on the first train after entering the station. Goliath was amazing and a great ride to end the day with.



That is all for our Frightless Fright Fest visit. Thank you for reading, and have fun!


No comments: